Terri Abraham is a native of Atlanta, GA where she attended GA State University and obtained her Bachelor degree in Psychology. After college, Terri worked for many years in the private sector. Terri has over 15 years of consulting experience, working with medical clinics, hospitals, mental health centers, battered women‘s shelters, home health care agencies, software companies, and investment firms.
After a successful private-sector career, Terri returned to school to obtain her Masters degree in Professional Counseling from Georgia State University. She has worked in both public and private agencies with adults and adolescents dealing with the problems related to addiction recovery, co-occurring disorders, trauma recovery, family violence, and chronic illness.
She is now in private practice as a member of The Marietta Counseling Group, where she continues to work with teens and adults, individuals, families, and couples.
Terri served on the LPCA Board of Directors for five years. A strong believer in giving back to the community, Terri has also served on the Board of Directors of the Lupus Foundation of Georgia and the Board of Directors of the Forsyth County Family Haven, a family violence center.
Terri brings the values of spirituality and practicality to her counseling work. She engages with her clients on a deep personal level, always keeping the client‘s unique needs in mind while seeking ways to help them achieve their goals.
- Licensed Professional Counselor, State of Georgia (Lic#003709)
- Nationally Certified Counselor, National Board of Certified Counselors (#55170)
- Master Addiction Counselor, National Board of Certified Counselors (#55170)
- M.S., Professional Counseling, Georgia State University
- B.A., Psychology, Georgia State University
- Certified Hypnotherapist, The Wellness Institute, Seattle, WA
- EMDR trained, EMDR International Association
- 18 years as an entrepreneur
- 26 years as corporate consultant, speaker, trainer, writer
What clients say about working with Terri
“It is comfortable working with Terri. I feel like I can say anything and she not only accepts and understands me, but she helps me to reach my goals.” R.M.
“Working with Terri has changed my life.” J.S.
“Talking with Terri has allowed me to see things from a new perspective. I have learned things about myself and because of that, I can relate more honestly with my friends and family.” R.M.
“I have never felt more comfortable in a therapist‘s office. Terri makes you feel at home.” L.K
“My wife and I are talking in ways we have not been able to in many years.” E.L.